Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Been out of action for a bit

Sorry for the lapse in posting, but that kinda happens when you let your roommate borrow your computer, and you coincidentally end up with 25 virus’s on your computer, but he has no idea where they came from. I won’t go into too much detail cause quite a bit happened so I’ll just highlight some of the things that happened in my posting absence.

1. I picked up eMadrak and the Dygmies from the FLGS.
2. Attended JohnCon hosted by MenothJohn.
Played: Kthulu Dice which is quite a fun party game, a game called Chaos (I think) where my deity was the Prince of Pleasure, Gran Turismo 5, Cryx, and got multiple achievements including on for getting John a beer. Good times!
Things I learned: Argus combo strike is awesome! The Tharn Wolfriders are way more awesome than I remember, and Warmachine is a whole different animal.
3. Painted an Argus and the Gorax, basecoated a Woldwarden and a Woldgaurdian.
4. FoH: Circle of Orboros came out!
Need to get: Morraig, Bloodweavers, Skinwalkers, and Woldstalkers for theme forces.
Double up on: Druids (triple?), Wolves of Orboros, Tharn Bloodtrackers for tiers also.
I have never before been interested in Morvhana but reading her fluff lately and seeing her theme force has me intrigued.
Not sure what to think of Cassius, haven’t even picked him up yet.
5. I got Towers of Midnight!
Brandon Sanderson is an amazing writer and I am happy to say I have met him.
Rand isn’t all angsty and a whiny bitch anymore.

And that about sums up what has happened. Some things that are coming up

1. Slow growth league starts in January, its paint as you go and we are officially allowed to start painting so as soon as it’s a warm enough day to prime I will start on my trolls.
2. Finals week, can’t wait for this semester to end!
3. Christmas. Hope this doesn’t sneak up on anybody.

Final notes

1. Anybody not listening to Lost Hemisphere Radio should start immediately!
2. Check on the Fourth Wilder I haven’t been able to look yet but I am willing to bet the next part is up. If not, pester Brandubh till he writes more :) Link is in the side bar, go now!

If the formatting ends up being terrible I apologize, I tried typing this in Microsoft Word and copying it over which doesn't work out so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment