Friday, January 21, 2011

6 Player Free for All!

Last night I participated in a 20 pt 6 player free for all. It was nuts! I played:

Gunbjorn
Impaler
Impaler
Slag Troll
Full Bushwhackers
Skinner

Noting all the other army lists would take way to long and I don't remember or know all of them anyway, but the casters, starting clockwise from me, were:

eMorghul
eVlad
Grim Angus
Terminus
Hexeris

We had a five minute turn limit which helped speed this game along quite a bit. Our turn order was determined by dice roll, it went:

Gunbjorn (me)
Terminus
eMorghul
Grim
eVlad
Hexeris

As you can tell the turn order doesn't match up to the player placement. Trying to make sure that whoever got to go first didn't just crush their neighbor, we had a three turn limit before you could attack your neighbor on either side.

The most I can tell you about the game itself is that I deployed the Bushwhackers as far as I could and they spent the game CRA-ing anything they possibly could, and making 8 out of 14 tough rolls. The rest was absolute chaos. The caster kills if I remember correctly are (in order) as follows:

Kayazy killed Grim
Terminus killed Hexeris
Impaler killed eMorghul
Terminus killed eVlad
Cryx player killed everything but Gunbjorn ending the game.

Thoughts on my list. Gunbjorn is fantastic! Guided fire is very very good, it led to no less than 3 Critical Devastation's and 2 Critical Slams, what's not to love? Snipe on bushwhackers is a dead horse I'm not going to beat, it's good. Explosivo is good against wind wall :) The Skinner did 12 damage to a Titan, anything that can do that in one attack is, as far as I'm concerned, fabulous!

This game was crazy fun and I had a good time playing in it. I am not to good with the timed turns thing, I like to think about what I'm going to do for a minute, not shoot from the hip. That being said, I would have no problem playing this kind of game again, even with time limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment