Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Slow Grow Test

Last night I got in a test game for Slow Grow at 15 pts. I was playing:

pMadrak
3 Champs
Krielstone + UA
Slag Troll
Troll Impaler

My opponent was playing:

Lord Carver
Warhog
Warhog
Gunbore

My first turn; Champs run up. Madrak casts sure foot, dumps two on the stone, and charges up behind the Champs. Krielstone runs up and protective auras. Slag and Impaler both move to the left flank.

His first turn; Everything runs forward with the 'Hogs b2b in front of Carver.

My second turn; The champs fail a charge by a hair at the 'Hogs. Madrak advances up and throws an axe damaging one Warhog a little bit Then the Impaler chuck a spear crit slamming one Hog over Lord Carver doing three points to carver. Slag sets up to block the lane to Madrak. Krielstone moves up and protective auras.

His second turn; He sends literally his whole army at the Champs who roll tough... well, like Champs... going five for five until One Hog and the Gunbore finally kill all 3. This was the turning point as I probably should have died, thank God for tough rolls!

My third turn; I need to kill Carver this turn or I lose. Slag charges One 'Hog not doing enough. Impaler tries to crit slam the other one out of the way, no beans. Madrak walks a fine line between all 3 of his beasts only suffering one free strike, which I scroll just for fun (as my beasts were full anyway so there weren't going to be any transfers). I get to Carver, put axe to face, and that's the game!

I really should have died on his second turn but my tough rolls were ridiculous, Dhunia was with me I guess.

This game just made it more apparent that I really need a heavy in my list. Right now I'm thinking drop the Slag and Krielstone for a Mauler at 15 pts and add in the Stone at 25. So now the list looks like this.

[00] Madrak Ironhide, Thornwood Chieftain (0 / 6 WB)
[09] >> Dire Troll Mauler
[05] >> Troll Impaler
[06] Trollkin Champions (Leader & 2 grunts)
[04] Trollkin Champions (2 grunts)
[03] Janissa Stonetide
[03] Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (3 grunts)
[01] >> Stone Scribe Elder
[02] >> Trollkin Runebearer
[08] Trollkin Fennblades (9 grunts)

No comments:

Post a Comment