Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's a New Year!

Hello folks,

A few days ago we ushered in a new year. With this new year I have resolved to paint more figs, hopefully I can get my mitts on a camera to post pics (I say that a lot, I am trying).

My first game of the new year was tonight as I was in Texas all last week visiting family. We tested for our Highlander tournament which is tomorrow. Now unfortunately we did not get to finish this game, the FLGS owner had to close promptly and go home so we packed up and left rather abruptly. In spite of this I learned something, running Burrowers has a steep curve.

The list I ran:

eMadrak
Full Burrowers
Mauler
Fell Caller

My opponents list:
pSorscha
Beast-09
Dragoon Solo
Min Cavalry

(I cant for the life of me remember what the last two are called... it's been one of those nights.)

The game ended on the second turn with him killing all but two of the burrowers and me killing his cavalry unit. I easily could have got to Sorscha but didn't cause I figured I wouldn't be able to hit her.

Because of this steep curve I plan on not using the Burrowers in our Highlander tournament tomorrow. I have yet to come up with a list, but I'm thinking something along the lines of:

eMadrak
Champions full
Janissa
Mauler

I will try to write a tournament report about tomorrow night and have it up by Friday at the latest. Here's to a Trollish victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment